fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Welcome Jeff Forcier as new lead

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Welcome Jeff Forcier as new lead
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:12:20 -0400

Thanks, Christian! Both for this, and for all the hard work you've put
into Fabric up till now. I'm very glad that I started using it when I
did, and hope to continue its improvement and make it even more useful
in the future.

To all of our users: thanks to you for using Fabric! It's one thing to
scratch one's own itch, but all the feedback and patches we've gotten
are what keep things going.

As I've alluded to a number of times over the past few months, I've
been doing a big rewrite of the original codebase, with a handful of
design goals in mind (more Pythonic; organized as a package instead of
a single module; etc) and this project is almost complete.

I'm planning on releasing an alpha in the next day or two, and will be
hoping for a lot of feedback about the various changes I've made. A
handful of things have been stripped down or removed, but in many
cases this is largely to make room for building things back up in a
more organized fashion. I hope to follow the alpha with a beta and
then a final release in relatively short order.

In tandem with the alpha, I'll have a new website for the project in
place, using Sphinx for documentation, as well as a new Git repository
(we'll still keep a Github mirror) and (eventually) some kind of
ticket tracker.

Best,
Jeff