fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1

From: Patrick J McNerthney
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric 0.9 alpha 1
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 18:58:20 -0400

My apologies if this is a newbie setuptools issue, but when I try to build a freshly cloned version of the Git repository, I get the following:

$ python setup.py build
running build
running build_py
file fabric.py (for module fabric) not found
file fabric.py (for module fabric) not found
$

Am I doing something obviously wrong?

Pat McNerthney
ClearPoint Metrics, Inc.

Jeff Forcier wrote:
Hi all,

Against my better judgement, I'm throwing out the current state of
things as the 1st alpha, including the current state of the
documentation:

    http://fabfile.org/

Per my earlier announcements, the Git repositories are all set, so you
can grab the source from wherever you please:

    http://git.fabfile.org/
    http://github.com/bitprophet/fabric/

I wish to stress that this is a literal alpha: it's here for feedback
on the API and the organization of the code, but it's still not "done"
by any means and there's a lot of polishing I want to do on all
fronts. Please don't use this on anything crucial, critical or
fragile!

However, it's working well enough for me in small/medium doses, so I
figure the more courageous among you deserve to start getting your
feet wet :)

Thanks,
Jeff