fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] String interpolations

From: s s
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] String interpolations
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:51:39 -0400

On May 13, 2009, at 12:17 PM, Curt Micol wrote:

However, SS has a point, if you prefer 2.6 use 2.6. I will say though,
I wouldn't really try a machine wide update of Python on any CentOS
flavor. I've never had good luck with that (perhaps that holds true
for Fedora/Red Hat but I don't have experience with those). :)

I never do a system-wide update -- it's just too risky and I've trashed a server or two trying to do it.

I just install the newest to /usr/local or even my home directory, then create a virtualenv and do my work there.

Works great and you don't mess with the system which can have really undesirable side-effects.

Steve