fab-user

[Fab-user] Fabric cron job

From: Maximilia Blackwell
Subject: [Fab-user] Fabric cron job
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 08:15:07 -0600

I'm new to fabric, just began using it yesterday.  I have ran into a problem
though.  I have a script that creates an ec2 instance, and volume.  I put it in
a fabfile so that I could ssh into it to format, mount, and upload files to the
volume.  What I want to do is create a cron job of the script so I can run it
over a 24 hour period every x minutes.  Before I was able to use:

*/5 * 8 8 * /usr/bin/python /home/max/somescript.py

However when I place the fabfile.py instead of somescript.py, my global
variables for env.hosts are not read and it prompts me for a host.  Should I be
doing something different?  Any help would be appreciated.  Also, I just signed
up to the subscribers list but have not received an email confirmation.  If you
do have a suggestion, please send it to address@hidden

Thanks,
MB