fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] Fabric cron job

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] Fabric cron job
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 08:06:02 -0700

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 7:15 AM, Maximilia Blackwell
<address@hidden> wrote:

> However when I place the fabfile.py instead of somescript.py, my global
> variables for env.hosts are not read and it prompts me for a host.  Should I
> be doing something different?

Hm, I don't think so. Folks sometimes have issues when running in cron
jobs but it's usually due to the same reasons anybody has cron job
scripting problems -- something in your normal user environment that
you were relying on isn't in the cron environment. (Shell environment
here, not Fab's "environment" object.)

How were you setting env.hosts before?

If you could pastebin your fabfile, the full crontab file and the
output you're seeing in your logs, that might help.

Best,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier