fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] reject_unknown_hosts option

From: Jeff Forcier
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] reject_unknown_hosts option
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:25:14 -0700

2011/10/20 Antônio Theóphilo <address@hidden>:
> (what shouldn't because we are using ssh-agent) and even when the correct
> password is entered, we receive "Fatal error: Unknown server 10.0.1.2"
> message (obviously 10.0.1.2 is on ~/.ssh/known_hosts). Is Fabric looking for
> a different known_hosts file? Below are my versions and the env dict output:

Both of these features are handled in the Paramiko library; it's
possible a permissions or related issue is preventing the
Fabric/Paramiko process from accessing your SSH files.

Paramiko logs a fair amount of stuff when it runs; try enabling the
stdlib logging module in your fabfile, setting the level to DEBUG (see
the Python docs for examples of this, there's one near the top of the
logging docs page), and see if anything useful comes out.

There's not a lot we can do on our end as we simply pass the basic
"enable/disable" settings into Paramiko when we run.

Good luck,
Jeff

--
Jeff Forcier