fab-user

[Fab-user] Testing fabfiles

From: Ahsan Rabbani
Subject: [Fab-user] Testing fabfiles
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:17:27 -0400

Hi all,
I was wondering if any of you guys have spent time writing unit tests your fabfiles, and if so how did you go about doing that? I am currently using the python mock library (http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/mock/index.html) which seems to work ok. However, something I would like to be able to do is have the tests respect the fabric decorators. So for example, if I call a task that is decorated with @hosts (and has multiple hosts defined) it would be nice if it got invoked once for each host defined.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ahsan