fab-user

[Fab-user] service and pty=False

From: Abhi
Subject: [Fab-user] service and pty=False
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 10:54:20 +0530

I am using fabric to restart tomcat(using service or init.d) and even though it says tomcat restarted successfully it does not. So, as per the FAQ, I set pty=False and tried again. But, now, I get this error:

sudo: /etc/init.d/tomcat restart

out: sudo: sorry, you must have a tty to run sudo

Any ideas/pointers for this problem? Run into the same behavior while using both init.d or service.

PS: Had posted the same in stackoverflow.

--

Cheers,
Abhi