fab-user

[Fab-user] fabric and dsh

From: Dane Brandon
Subject: [Fab-user] fabric and dsh
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 07:48:38 -0800

Hi guys,

Does anyone here use fabric to call dsh (distributed, not dancer shell)? I need to do some parallel deployment and am currently rebuilding some sections of my deployment framework to use @parallel, but in the meantime, I call dsh from localhost to run a script remotely. It looks like sometimes it doesn't run in parallel. That is, after a long running script finishes and it should blaze through the output of the second (since it should actually be done) but it looks like it is just getting started. Log timestamps confirm this.

Any ideas what might be happening?

--
DANE BRANDON | REDFIN | SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
address@hidden | Tel: 206-576-5886