fab-user

Re: [Fab-user] tunneling with fab

From: Rory Campbell-Lange
Subject: Re: [Fab-user] tunneling with fab
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 22:58:40 +0000

Calvin

If there is a problem with host key verification it is probably because
you have a record in your ~/.ssh/known_hosts file for the address
192.16.1.2. You could remove the record or give the server a dns name
(temporary ones live in your /etc/hosts file) to address it which may
work around the problem.

James -- I think "StrictHostKeyChecking no" is a serious security no-no. If you
really have to do it for a LAN host, you can use the

    -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no

command-line switch to ssh. But better to fix the underlying problem rather
than concrete it into .ssh/config in my opinion.

You can alter this native ssh function to put in your fabfile if the
python/fabric ssh doesn't support it:

def sshagent_run(cmd):
    """
    Helper function.
    Runs a command with SSH agent forwarding enabled.
    See https://github.com/simonhayward/simonsblog_django/blob/master/fabfile.py

    Note:: Fabric (and paramiko) can't forward your SSH agent.
    This helper uses your system's ssh to do so.
    """

    for h in env.hosts:
        try:
            # catch the port number to pass to ssh
            host, port = h.split(':')
            local('ssh -p %s -A %s "%s"' % (port, host, cmd))
        except ValueError:
            local('ssh -A %s "%s"' % (h, cmd))