fastcgipp-users

[Fastcgipp-users] Re: Newbie questions

From: ninti
Subject: [Fastcgipp-users] Re: Newbie questions
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 01:18:35 +1030

OK, I've worked some of this stuff out myself (I think).
I have built and installed lighttpd, fastcgi++ and spawn-fcgi RPMs and have the utf8-helloworld example running successfully.

FastCGI looks like a one-binary-handler for each path (.fcgi file) arrangement. in other words, if you have 10 .fcgi files you need to configure 10 handlers in lighttpd?

As explained, I'm brand new to C++ ... how hard would it be to write a single C++ handler that parsed the URL for controller/action/parameters (as in a MVC framework like Zend Framework), to return any arbitrary number of pages?

Also, how difficult to add PostgreSQL database support?

Mick