fastcgipp-users

[Fastcgipp-users] REQUEST_URI environment variable?

From: ninti
Subject: [Fastcgipp-users] REQUEST_URI environment variable?
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 17:55:35 +1030

Not sure if these emails are making it through as they haven't hit the list yet (24hrs + since last two sent).

Anyway, is it possible to make REQUEST_URI or even THE_REQUEST environment variables available in fastcgi++?

In other words, is it possible and just not implemented or impossible because FastCGI and/or Lighttpd don't support it?

The reason I ask is that although I want to rewrite all requests for files that don't physically exist under DOCROOT to one index.fcgi controller, I still need access to the original request to provide parameters to the controller ... and would rather avoid using Query String data or rewriting URLs  to query strings which would be a nightmare to maintain.

What I'd really like to achieve is something like ZendFramework's Request parsing system.

Thanks