fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Fastcgi++ as a client to PHP fastcgi?

From: Konstantin Ivanov
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Fastcgi++ as a client to PHP fastcgi?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 15:18:09 -0800 (PST)

Eddie,

Thank you for the response. Why can't you image anyone want to do this? This is how the majority of the web servers accomplish the task of having either of the interpreted languages (PHP, perl, ruby) served by the web server. Lets take something like lighttpd. The fastcgi module provided by the community of lighttpd project is what I meant by the client functionality: ability to use PHP and communicated to PHP Process through FastCGI protocol while serving web pages from lighttpd.

Request (http://localhost/test.php)   -> Server parse(parse the request)   -> FastCGI module (call the PHP process through fastcgi protocol, get a response) -> render to client.

The above path of execution, while very simple and possibly lacking detail, is the standard flow that many of those servers use to server pages interpreted in PHP, Perl, etc. While the main fastcgi site provides some libraries for communicating with fastcgi servers and processes, it is overcomplicated.

Thanks