fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Fastcgi++ as a client to PHP fastcgi?

From: Eddie Carle
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] Fastcgi++ as a client to PHP fastcgi?
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:03:58 -0700

On Mon, Dec 28, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Konstantin Ivanov
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Eddie,
> Thank you for the response. Why can't you image anyone want to do this? This
> is how the majority of the web servers accomplish the task of having either
> of the interpreted languages (PHP, perl, ruby) served by the web server.
> Lets take something like lighttpd. The fastcgi module provided by the
> community of lighttpd project is what I meant by the client functionality:
> ability to use PHP and communicated to PHP Process through FastCGI protocol
> while serving web pages from lighttpd.
> Request (http://localhost/test.php)   -> Server parse(parse the request)
> -> FastCGI module (call the PHP process through fastcgi protocol, get a
> response) -> render to client.
> The above path of execution, while very simple and possibly lacking detail,
> is the standard flow that many of those servers use to server
> pages interpreted in PHP, Perl, etc. While the main fastcgi site provides
> some libraries for communicating with fastcgi servers and processes, it is
> overcomplicated.
> Thanks

Hmm, I think I may have misunderstood what you meant then. Do you mean
communicating with a non-FastCGI PHP process via some sort of wrapper
program done with fastcgi++? If so this certainly makes sense. But is
there not already a FastCGI PHP deamon out there? It certainly doesn't
use fastcgi++ but it would probably better if it did :) Is this what
you mean?
--
    Eddie Carle