fastcgipp-users

Re: [Fastcgipp-users] fastcgi++ over a persistent unix domain socket?

From: Volker Schreiner
Subject: Re: [Fastcgipp-users] fastcgi++ over a persistent unix domain socket?
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:32:38 +0200

Hi J.M.,

i am running a web application that was developed under the use of
fastcgi++ and gets connected by the
nginx webserver. To start the web application process i am using the
programm spawn-fcgi that can be
configured to use an unix socket connection as well as an network socket.

spawn-fcgi -u webapp -g webgrp -G www-data -U www-data -s
/tmp/webapp.socket -f /usr/bin/webapp

The above example starts the binary /usr/bin/webapp with the rights of
the user webapp and the group webgrp and
creates a unix socket named /tmp/webapp.socket that can be connected by
the nginx server.

best regards

Volker