femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] Constructing 2D domain

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] Constructing 2D domain
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 10:44:09 +0100

Sebastian Sturm <address@hidden> writes:

> Thank you, that helped alot. The basic shape of (one part of the)
> domain looks fine now (shaped like the capital letter 'H'), however
> I'm still at a loss how to cut out arbitrarily shaped subregions. The
> examples (like n-cube-with-cubic-hole) all seem to require that the
> hole's boundary is obtained from an explicit deformation of the outer
> boundary. Is there some function that allows me to take a generic
> domain and cut out some others (akin to the boolean functions found in
> Inkscape or Illustrator)? I guess that something of this kind has been
> used for the absorption application
> http://www.femlisp.org/absorption.html?

For this application, I used something like the following:

>     (plot .... :program :vtk)
>     [This has as default output a file "images/output.vtk".  The name is
>     also printed for convenience.]
>
> that sounds very promising, but somehow it doesn't work with my
> installation (using quicklisp-installed femlisp). The REPL flatly
> states "<Plotting suppressed>"; also, I didn't find "vtk" in the src
> directory, whereas "dx" gave me a lot of grep hits. Am I missing some
> additional package here?

When DX is not there, plotting is deactivated.  Try activating it with

(setq fl.plot::*plot* t)

Furthermore, quicklisp probably does not install the current CVS version
which should include VTK support.  Try doing a "cvs update" in the
femlisp directory.

> Best regards,
> Sebastian

Best regards,