femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp update

From: Nicolas Neuss
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp update
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 15:49:49 +0200

Faré <address@hidden> writes:

>>> While I'm at it, would you move of the CVS repository to github? I can
>>> do the git conversion. Actually, I just did it:
>>
>>> https://github.com/fare/femlisp
>>
>> I don't have anything against switching to git.  However, I would rather
>> stay with Savannah, because I have some trust in the FSF, and don't know
>> anything about github apart from that it is a commercial enterprise.
>>
> The advantage of git is that it is trivial to copy an entire
> repository from one place to another. I used github because it looks
> like it is common practice with common lispers these days, but you can
> trivially git clone from github and push to savannah.

I did it a little differently, first converting my local Femlisp copy
(which had already diverted quite a bit from the server's version) from
CVS to git and then incorporating your changes.

You should be able to get this new version via:

git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/femlisp.git

>>> Please review my 7 commits - some of the "fixes" are only valid up to
>>> my limited understanding.

First, I want to thank you very much.  It's very helpful if the asdf
maintainer himself improves things:-)

Here is a review of your commits:

*   Remove antique copy of asdf.lisp and its ersatz trivial-asdf.lisp:
    these days, any decent implementation provides asdf if you (require "asdf").

Accepted.

*   Simplify infix.asd

Accepted.

*   Remove antique copy of femlisp.asd that only causes registry conflicts.

Not necessary any more (the whole systems directory vanished).

* Get rid of logical pathnames.
    Assume ASDF2 is available and correctly configured.
    Hopefully, it's actually ASDF3, and Quicklisp is there.
    In March 2014, we can actually assume ASDF3 everywhere but on LispWorks.

Accepted.  However, I introduced a function (femlisp-pathname name)
for abbreviating (asdf:system-relative-pathname :femlisp name).

*   Trivial "fixes" to undefined functions. TODO: have neuss confirm.

These changes are not necessary anymore.

*    Fix macro bug found by SBCL style-warning.

I had already fixed that one, too.

Thanks again for the improvements,

Nicolas