femlisp-user

Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp update

From: Faré
Subject: Re: [femlisp-user] femlisp update
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2014 16:26:21 -0400

> First, I want to thank you very much.  It's very helpful if the asdf
> maintainer himself improves things:-)

No, thank *you* for this software. I wanted to make some
maybe-incompatible changes to ASDF (enforcing standard values for
syntax variables) and yours was the only (known, in Quicklisp) library
affected. Actually, I wanted to make the opposite change (make
double-float the default), but there was a huge backlash against it.
Besides, I resigned from maintainership last year.

> Accepted.  However, I introduced a function (femlisp-pathname name)
> for abbreviating (asdf:system-relative-pathname :femlisp name).

I thought about it, but didn't dare do it. Thanks.

Regarding those #+asdf3 lines, I realize that
1- You need *two* #+asdf3 here, one for each of the keyword and its argument
2- Actually, around-compile is already available in 2.018, and even
LispWorks, the only implementation lagging with ASDF2, has 2.019.
Therefore, we can eliminate this #+asdf3 thing entirely.

See patch attached.

Common Lisp makes it easy for you to grow your own language; however, it
makes it difficult for that language to be the same as anyone else's. — Faré