Re: [Fenfire-dev] Jodi article, deadlines

From: Benja Fallenstein
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Jodi article, deadlines
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:10:23 +0300

Tuomas Lukka wrote:
On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 02:00:04PM +0300, Benja Fallenstein wrote:
How about an additional policy: if we don't have a *first* draft, with all the sections filled with text but too shabby to send around, e.g. vital explanations missing etc., one week before we want to send around (i.e., 3w before deadline), we just forget about it?

This would have helped e.g. with this article, I think, where what we had when submitting was first-draft quality in many places.

I think this might be too strict; just "french lines" (i.e. bullet points)
should be enough for a first draft.

Well, I think that we should have a deadline for the first draft with text, so that there is enough time after it to explain the things that weren't clear in the first draft.

I.e., I want to have time to *polish*.

> And the time should be flexible:
> how about "We shall *seriously consider* whether we can make it".

I think having the other policy more flexible would be less of a problem than having this one more flexible-- I don't want to 'seriously consider' and then get into deadline panic again =)

- Benja