Re: [Fenfire-dev] Textures

From: Tuomas Lukka
Subject: Re: [Fenfire-dev] Textures
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:59:44 +0300

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 10:44:46AM +0300, Tuomas Lukka wrote:
> Just a brief update:
>
> The texture problem appears worse than I'd thought - the solution
> I tried, of keeping fixed textures and just updating them, apparently
> didn't work at *ALL*: the driver didn't update the version of the texture
> that the display card was using.

Another update: the bug is fixed.

There *is* a driver bug:

        the driver doesn't update a texture on TexSubImage or TexImage
        over an existing texture ...

**BUT**, luckily, it is qualified

        ... ***IF*** updating a texture mipmap level below the current
baselevel.

With that qualification, the bug is trivial to work around.

The code is not yet in address@hidden - I want to make it work a little
smoother before that (it takes too long to get the new most important textures
loaded).

But it seems that the font bug is now history. Hopefully ;)

        Tuomas