ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] .mesh to .vrml convertor OR .mesh viewers!!

From: Arun Viswanathan
Subject: [ff3d-users] .mesh to .vrml convertor OR .mesh viewers!!
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:54:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hey all, got a question (yet again :) )....I need to demonstrate how the ff3d code works to some folks (involved with our project) here. To view the visualization, I will have to get the people to download some mesh viewer (like medit) on their system. Though not much of a problem, if it can be avoided then they would surely be happier. I was just wondering if any of you would be able to suggest an online mesh viewer, a software that can be used to view .mesh files from the web (without any need to download any packages).

Alternatively, would anybody be able to suggest any .mesh to .vrml (or any other such format) converters availble online that I could download and use to convert my .mesh file to any other format??

Would appreciate any suggestions offered.
Thanks,
Arun.

Arun Viswanathan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello Stephane, thanks for getting back. Though the 2 required files are not on this system, I had them on my e-mail, so I am forwarding them to you.

I have defined 12 drums within the container. In order to define the source of leakage, I have a small sphere in my .pov file (reference: (1,0,0) ) and have defined a Robin condition on this sphere. The current position of the sphere is <1.85,5.5,1.55> (meaning, at the top corner or tip of the last drum in the container -- z-axis goes vertically up; y-axis goes into the screen). But even on changing the sphere's position to something like <1.85,2.5,1.55> (in the middle of the container) OR <1.85,0.5,1.55> (at the beginning of the container, on the first drum), the visualization does not change.

Please take a look at it and give me any suggestions. Thanks a lot.
Best regards,
Arun.

Note: forwarded message attached.

Do you Yahoo!?