ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Inner wall definitions

From: Emilio Melero García
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Inner wall definitions
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:37:21 +0100

Hello (Hola¿?) Eduardo

Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the mathematical description of adiabatic conditions as Newmann conditions. My problem is how to label the different surfaces so that, for my cyllinder that is inside a box, i can have no diffusion through the walls while having it through one of the bases. Maybe i did not clarify too much my situation. Imagine that i have a container, such as a large glass filled with water and i suspend "magically" a laboratory test tube filled with water, with its aperture looking to the bottom of the glass, some small distance from the bottom, and so that the whole tube is inmersed in the water. Then i add some substance to the top of the water in the glass; the substance will diffuse donwards to the bottom but the concentration INSIDE the test tube will be zero until the diffusing substances reach the heigth of the aperture of the tube, and then they will diffuse also upwards along the inner volume of the test tube. You see, i have two different type of surfaces, adiabatic ones which are the ones defining the large glass and the upper base and body of the test tube, and a third one that should be transparent to diffusion, in order to accurately describe a test tube with a cyllinder. Hope my question is clearer now.

Any suggestions??

Best regards and thank you!

Emilio