ff3d-users

Re: [ff3d-users] Re: Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.

From: Stephane Del Pino
Subject: Re: [ff3d-users] Re: Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 23:48:27 +0100

Hello.

Le jeudi 8 mars 2007 16:18, Cécile Giorla a écrit :
> The hexahedral mesh I want to read in ff3d can be found here :
> http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dxd3s8m_0d3vvjm
> It is a structured hexahedral mesh with holes inside (on the face Z=0).

> By the way, is it possible to import a STRUCTURED hexahedral mesh from
> GMSH to ff3d?
No. In fact ff3d deals with cartesian uniform grids (dx, dy and dz are
constant) *or* unstructured grids of hexahedra.

There is no special optimizations/implementation for inbetween meshes...

By the way considering the geometry you sent here, it is possible that, in
your case, the localization algorithm for unstructured hexahedra mesh in ff3d
works...

I will try it and let you know...

I also have two questions:
- for this kind of geometry fictitious domain approximation should be exact:
you holes can fit exactly mesh cells. Have you considered this approach?
- Why are hexahedra so important in that case?

Regards,
Stéphane.