ff3d-users

[ff3d-users] Re: Re: Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.

From: Cécile Giorla
Subject: [ff3d-users] Re: Re: Reading GMSH hexahedral mesh.
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 11:05:33 +0100

Hi,
Initially, the problem I want to solve is the following :
- build an hexahedral structured mesh of a box which is refined near the ground and large when we elevate (in order not to have a big big calculation time) (the structured hexaedral mesh is required in order to have a best visibility of the number of the elements in the mesh) - have the possibility to define obstacles ( in the mesh itself or by the fictitious domain method) - be able to deal with structured (but distorded in order to adapt the ground with an elevation map) mesh Because FF3D doesn't allow to refined mesh, I thought importing one from GMSH would be the best way to deal with this kind of problem.
What do you think it would be best in this case?

Thank you.

Cecile Giorla.