Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sensor processor state

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] sensor processor state
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:05:12 -0800

,----[ Albert Chu <address@hidden> ]
| In the fish sensors code, we have the following for processor sensor
| types:
|
|  if (processor_present_flag && terminator_present_flag == 0)
|      status_message = strdupa ("OK");
|
| However, in libfreeipmi:
|
| const struct ipmi_discrete_desc ipmi_sensor_type_processor[] = { /*
|   SNIP */ {"Terminator Presence Detected", true}, /* SNIP */ };
|
| Based on the code in fish, I get the feeling that the normal value for
| "Terminator presence detected" should be false, not true.  Would that
| seem correct??
|
| Al
`----
More info:

Calculation of "OVERALL STATE" in default display mode: (special case)
"Terminator Presence Detected" should be ignored, when Processor is
installed. Over all state should be "OK".

Calculation of "INDIVIDUAL STATE" in verbose display mode:
Checks are independent. You may be able see "Terminator Presence
Detected" as ALERT even if Processor is present.

--
 _.|_
(_||_)