Re: [Freeipmi-devel] one major bug, several minor issues

From: Anand Babu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] one major bug, several minor issues
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:48:53 -0800

,----
| Hey everyone,
|
| 1) One major bug.  Files in:
|
| /var/lock/*
|
| are commonly removed on boot.  So /var/lock/libfreeipmi/ipckey is
| commonly removed by many bootup scripts, including the default redhat
| one.  I am going to change to /var/lib/libfreeipmi/ipckey.  I think this
| makes far more sense.
`----
Please go ahead and make that change. Even I didn't like /var/lock path.
FHS suggests only to keep only lock files there, while ipckey is
handle.

,----
| 2) When I created the
|
| IPMI_DEFAULT_SDR_REPO_CACHE_FILENAME
|
| macro.  I stupidly set the default path to
| "/var/lib/fish/sdr-repo-cache".  It should instead by
| /var/lib/libfreeipmi/sdr-repo-cache" ...
`----
OK

,----
| 3) make install of /var/lock/libfreeipmi/ipckey (to be renamed soon),
| doesn't install correctly when bulding RPMs.  I think we need to put
| some prefix on the line:
|
| Ipckeydir     = /var/lock/$(PACKAGE)
|
| like
|
| Ipckeydir     = ($FOO)/var/lock/$(PACKAGE)
|
| I remember hitting this issue before, but I can't remember what the
| variable prefix name is.  I'll figure it out.
|
| After these changes, I'm going to tag as Alpha5-Qa1A.
`----
This has to be a *fixed path*.

ftok uses inode of this file and 8 bits from PROJ_ID to make a unique
(somewhat) handle for IPC. All apps using libfreeipmi should refer to
same IPCKEY in order to use the mutex device.

/var/lib/libfreeipmi/ipckey sounds better.

--
 _.|_
(_||_)