[Freeipmi-devel] IPMI_TRACE

From: Albert Chu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] IPMI_TRACE
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:58:05 -0700

Perhaps I'm missing something, but why was the #ifndef (IPMI_TRACE)
ERR() macro added into ipmi-error.h??  The save_errno code I added into
the original ERR() macro was to protect against errno being over-written
by fprintf errors.  In particular,

int
main()
{
  close(2);    /* when you are running a daemon */

  errno = EINVAL;
  fprintf(stderr, "the stderr errno is: %d\n", errno);
  printf("the resultant errno is: %d\n", errno);
}

outputs:

tdevi|/home/achur 15>./a.out
the resultant errno is: 9

Was there some port issue with syslog() usage??