[Freeipmi-devel] [task #3320] sensors output based on critical/non-recov

From: Anand Babu
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] [task #3320] sensors output based on critical/non-recoverable ranges
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 19:48:53 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the task tracker
 of the project: FreeIPMI.

[task #3320] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Anand Babu <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Thu 09/02/2004 at 23:44 (US/Pacific)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Done
    Percent Complete | 0%                        | None
              Status | Open                      | Closed

Rewrote sensors status determination logic. Sensors should now
report status correctly.

[task #3320] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: FreeIPMI
Submitted by: Albert Chu
On: Fri 06/11/2004 at 17:11

Should Start On:  Fri 06/11/2004 at 00:00
Should be Finished on:  Fri 06/11/2004 at 00:00
Category:  None
Effort:  0.00

Original Submission:  From email:
-----------

Hey AB,

We've noticed on a thunder that as many as 50% of nodes are showings
alerts for voltage sensors.  I don't believe this is bad, b/c the
voltages are within the lower and upper critical range.  However, since
fish/sensors uses the normal min/max range, many sensors are showing
alerts (IMHO) more often than is appropriate.

I'm in discussion with the admins about their preference for output of
ranges and alerts, but I think something should be changed in
fish/sensors.  If I understand this correctly, we can use the readable
threshold mask (field 20 of the full sensor data record) to determine
which ranges are available.

I'm going to add a feature request on this to FreeIPMI so we don't forget.

Al

Follow-up Comments

Date: Thu 09/02/2004 at 23:44       By: Anand Babu <ab>
Rewrote sensors status determination logic. Sensors should now
report status correctly.

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=3320>

  Message sent via/by Savannah