Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] register spacing
Date: 01 Dec 2004 19:56:22 -0800

Al> I got a board that has register spacing, so 0xCA8 is the base KCS
Al> address and 0xCAC is the status register.

Al> Not really sure of the best way to handle this.  First, we probably
Al> need the probing code to search for register spacing.  I'm not too
Al> familiar with the probing, I'm only starting to look at this code.

I am pretty sure the low-level code already reads the spacing info from
SMBIOS.  The wrapper function (used in fish etc.) probably doesn't,
because I saw no way to get that information from PCI.

I'll check the code later tonight or tomorrow.

--
"It's not true or not."  A reality show producer (real quote)