Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeBSD 5.4 / freeipmi 0.1.3 w/ Intel SE7210motherb

From: Dmitry Frolov
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] FreeBSD 5.4 / freeipmi 0.1.3 w/ Intel SE7210motherboard
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:32:28 +0700

* Mitch (Bitblock) <address@hidden> [21.06.2005 14:11]:

> > > Then I tried to build guile on it's own - -
> > > In the end, guile fails to make with an error in libguile:
> > > make: don't know how to make CFLAGS. Stop
> > > *** Error code 1
> > >
> > > Ugh.
> >
> > Just tried to build guile (1.6.5) on 4.11-STABLE from ports updated 17
> > June
> > and it went just fine.
> >
> > Can You try "make -DWITHOUT_GNOME install" in ports/lang/guile?
> >
> >     wbr&w, dmitry.
> > --
> [Mitch says:] Hi Dimitry!
> I didn't update all the ports - only the ones I thought I needed...

Are You updated ports/Mk directory? This is where the FreeBSD ports
functionality lives. ports/devel/portcheckout program will do this
for You.

Anyway, updating whole ports tree will save You a lot of time analyzing
strange problems.

> A manual build of the source from guile-1.6.5 was failing on libguile though
> - so even if I resolve the ports issue it will probably still fail.
>
> I tried this:
> make -DWITHOUT_GNOME install
> ===>   guile-1.6.5 depends on executable: gmake - found
> ===>   guile-1.6.5 depends on file: /usr/X11R6/bin/gnomecc - not found
> ===>    Verifying install for /usr/X11R6/bin/gnomecc in
> /usr/ports/sysutils/gnomecontrolcenter
> ===>   gnomecontrolcenter-1.4.0.5_1 depends on executable: gmake - found
>
> And on it goes...
>
> Does that help at all?
>
> Thanks!
>
> m/

    wbr&w, dmitry.
--
Dmitry Frolov <address@hidden>
RISS-Telecom Network, Novosibirsk, Russia