[Freeipmi-devel] FW: [bug #24300] ipmiconsole cannot connect to various

From: Cress, Andrew R
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] FW: [bug #24300] ipmiconsole cannot connect to various Intel servers
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 09:14:41 -0800

Retry, first send failed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Cress, Andrew R [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 8:43 AM
To: Albert Chu; Bryan Henderson; Andy Cress; address@hidden

Al,

This was the first time I had tried ipmiconsole, so I don't know if it worked
before or what changed.

For an example of what is different with Intel boards, you can view the source
to ipmitool or ipmiutil under the 'lanplus' protocol.  It boils down to some
different assumptions about defaults or special conditions.
In ipmitool, the syntax requires specifying "-o intelplus", but ipmiutil
detects the manufacturer/product id first and doesn't need those options.

>From ipmiutil:
lib/lanplus/lanplus.c:is_sol_partial_ack() has an intelplus special case, which
probably should apply to all other boards too (?)
lib/lanplus/lanplus.c:ipmi_lanplus_open_session() has an intelplus condition
for privilege defaults
lib/lanplus/lanplus_crypt.c:lanplus_rakp4_hmac_matches() has two intelplus cases
lib/lanplus/lanplus_crypt.c:lanplus_generate_rakp3_authcode() has an intelplus
case for privilege defaults

That's all that is different.

Andy