[Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch

From: Andrew Wansink
Subject: [Freeipmi-devel] 0.8.2 Solaris patch
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:11:49 +1100

After a few hours of debugging why I could not talk to IPMI
using the LAN driver under Solaris I found that MAXHOSTNAMELEN
is defined in Sun's netdb.h header.

Worse, it is defined differently by FreeIPMI, this means that
all the ipmi_ctx.io.outofband member addresses  after hostname
are shifted when the ctx is passed from ipmi-chassis to routines
in libfreeipmi.

I have attached a patch which checks for MAXHOSTNAMELEN in
netdb.h and if found will include netdb.h before defining
MAXHOSTNAMELEN.  Also it fixes a little Solaris problem finding
the m4 files during auto(re)conf.

Andrew Wansink