Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names

From: Albert Chu
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] bad sensor name when using entity-sensor-names
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 13:39:32 -0700

On Fri, 2013-07-19 at 14:24 -0400, Andy Cress wrote:
> Al,
>
> IMO, the entity name+num and the sensor name should be separate fields
> so that this is not so confusing, i.e. insert a '|' delimiter between
> the two.

I had actually not considered that.  I programmed it like this b/c of a
set of motherboards I saw from Dell.  The Dell motherboards had multiple
sensors with a device id of "Temp".  So the entity sensor name option
was created so that it would show:

Processor 1 Temp
Processor 2 Temp

Separating it out into two fields was not as "pretty" in this case.  I
suppose an option to always output entity id + instance in a column
could be an option.

Al