Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Supermicro OEM PSU power readings

From: Kilian Cavalotti
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-devel] Supermicro OEM PSU power readings
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:14:40 -0700

Hi Albert,

After much back and forthwith Supermicro, unfortunately, I wasn't able
to get the RAW commands used to get power readings from their PMBus
PSUs.

Here's their answer, they do recommend to use their own ipmicfg tool:
" You already get the info from ipmicfg, what does user want to do differently.
As you know, currently our power supply structure is complicated. With
or without MCU, multiple node or not, they are all different.
Please just use our tool to get the data. It will process the data and
convert to actual value for users.
That is more convenient way for customers."

So, looks like a dead end, unfortunately.

Cheers,
--
Kilian