Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error

From: Emmanuel VIDAL
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:05:36 +0200

Hi,

I don't think that the problem comes from freeipmi, because i've 6 servers
with the identical Nec ARMC card (and 4 servers are totally identical than
the one with the problem), and it works fine.
I think it's a material problem : the ipmi_open_outofband() error just
occurs from 2 days. Before that, it worked. I prefer to know what this
error message means before calling the hot line of my vendor, to gain lots
of time.

I don't have lots of information of this remote management card.

Thanks.

Emmanuel

"Albert Chu" <address@hidden>
12/10/2006 21:26
Veuillez répondre à

"Emmanuel VIDAL" <address@hidden>
cc
address@hidden
Objet
Re: [Freeipmi-users] ipmi_open_outofband(): Input/output error

Hi Emmanuel,

What type of hardware is that one unique machine?  It could be that we
need to add a machine specific hack b/c a few vendors are not IPMI
compliant.

Al

> Hello!
>
> I use freeipmi to check hardware using the Advanced Remote Management
Card