Re: [Freeipmi-users] rmcpping and simulated pong replies

From: Thomas Favre-Bulle
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] rmcpping and simulated pong replies
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 11:34:52 +0200

Hi Al,

Strange behaviour in the program I wrote (using libpcap). I tried using regular socket programming (based on your sample server code) and it works. I'll proceed with further investigation, might be a minor error somewhere.
Anyway, thanks for your help !
Have a nice day.

Al Chu a écrit :
Hi Thomas,

It appears you're building the UDP header into your packet responses.
You don't appear to be doing raw sockets, so the UDP header is
unnecessary and likely making the packet invalid.

I made the attached mini-server to test rmcpping against, and this
worked.  Note that I used a non-ipmi port for testing (quickly
recompiled rmcpping to use the non-default port).

Thomas Favre-Bulle