Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-watchdog 0.7.15-2 exiting under Ubuntu 10.04

From: Robert Hardy
Subject: Re: [Freeipmi-users] bmc-watchdog 0.7.15-2 exiting under Ubuntu 10.04
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 11:40:35 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Albert Chu wrote:
That message points me to the real problem. Let's hope a bios update
fixes the watchdog weirdness.

Glad things are being reported correctly now.  Yeah, not sure what could
be going wrong underneath the covers in the firmware.  Hopefully a
firmware update can fix things.

Hi Al,

Just so there is a record for the mailing list archives, In my case I saw a
bug in my Supermicro 5016T-MTFB Superserver, which caused the BMC watchdog
to count down on reboot. I just upgraded the BIOS from 1.0 to 2.0 and the
system no longer does this. Thanks for your help in debugging.

Regards,
Rob