Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: Issue 977845 in chromium: pdf_font_fuzzer: Integer-o

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Fwd: Issue 977845 in chromium: pdf_font_fuzzer: Integer-overflow in compute_glyph_metrics
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 19:12:50 -0400

> This, sadly, brings us back to the current way of dealing with these things;
> adding ugly macros that transfer these operations from UB space into defined
> C space ...  Not saying I'm happy with that but I believe this is the
> cleanest solution in the big picture right now.

Undefined does not mean prohibited.
Undefined does not mean scary.
Undefined does not mean immoral.

Why do we even care?

The burden is actually on the compiler to not do anything crazy or face
consequences from users and public. For some reason the burden is put on  the
innocent and quite reasonable public. This does not make sense.