Re: [ft-devel] [freetype2] hooks-via-module-property d94f52b: Use `FT_Pr

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] [freetype2] hooks-via-module-property d94f52b: Use `FT_Property_Set' to set the hooks. One less API function.
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 23:30:11 +0200 (CEST)

> The whole environment variable thing is a string, so a sequence of
> bytes.  If I set FREETYPE_PROPERTIES to
> `ot-svg:svg_hooks=asdjkfsjlfdk', In `ft_svg_property_set', `value'
> will have the address of letter `a' and thus, when the types are
> cast to hooks, weird address will be set and when the `ot-svg'
> module calls my hooks, things will crash.

The handling of `FREETYPE_PROPERTIES' doesn't work like this.  The
first step would be to search whether `svg_hooks' corresponds to a
property.  Let's say yes.  The next step would be to check whether
`asdjkfsjlfdk' is one of the allowed values for `svg_hooks'.  Assuming
that valid values are `librsvg', `resvg', and `svgnative', the answer
is no, and the value would be ignored.

To make that work, ports for the values `librsvg', `resvg', and
`svgnative' must be registered in FreeType.  However, I think this is
really overkill and not needed.  Let's just have a driver property
that is not exposed via `FREETYPE_PROPERTIES'.

    Werner