Re: [ft-devel] Why is FT_Fixed a long instead of FT_Int32?

From: David Saltzman
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Why is FT_Fixed a long instead of FT_Int32?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 17:45:17 -0700

Thanks Alexei, good to know about FreeType sticking to C89, and that it should be ok to redefine.

Though I do see a FT_Int32 type defined in FreeType in ftconfig.h?

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 5:34 PM Alexei Podtelezhnikov <address@hidden> wrote:

> FT_Fixed is supposed to be a 16.16 number, so why doesn't it use `FT_Int32` instead of `signed long`?

FreeType sticks to C89. Therefore it tries to rely on basic integer types. You will not find int32_t in FreeType.

Feel free to redefine FT_Fixed. It should work, but won’t be any faster.