Re: Logging Library-GSOC

From: Priyesh kumar
Subject: Re: Logging Library-GSOC
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 09:28:11 +0530

Hello,
I have tried the query performance counter/frequency method for example program:
(https://www.freetype.org/freetype2/docs/tutorial/example1.c
on Windows with arial.ttf and FT2_DEBUG=any:7 on string:"qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm"
which produced 24260 logs.
I have executed the test program multiple times and below are the average time for each case in seconds:
FT_LOGGING:8 sec ( writes logs to file freetype.log)
FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE: 40 sec (writes logs to stderr)
NO_DEBUGGING:7  sec
I have also prepared a test program for this @ here , so that if anyone wants to test they can also try and test the results...
The Visual Studios solution contains three different configurations for the x64 platform:
FT_LOGGING: linked with FreeType library built with FT_LOGGING macro enabled.
FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE: linked with FreeType library built with FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE macro enabled.
NO_DEBUGGING: linked with release built of FreeType library

Please look into this and provide feedback...

Thanks,
Priyesh