Re: OVERLAP_SIMPLE or OVERLAP_COMPOUND

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: OVERLAP_SIMPLE or OVERLAP_COMPOUND
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 17:01:04 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 2:01 PM Nikolaus Waxweiler <madigens@gmail.com> wrote:
I mean use the script to set it 😁 the usual compiler suspects don't set it by themselves currently afaik

Now we have oversampling to deal with overlaps, but I don't clearly see when to enable it. On one hand, the OVERLAP_SIMPLE and OVERLAP_COMPOUND flags would be effective but they are almost never set. On the other hand, it is an overkill to oversample all variation fonts, isn't it?