Re: Regarding GSOC

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Regarding GSOC
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2021 15:00:26 +0100 (CET)

Hallo Utkarsh!

> I am interested to participate as a student in Freetype
> organization.  Can you please send me a sample to give you the
> proposal so that my proposal selected chances get higher.

It doesn't work like that.  First of all, you have to select one of
the topics listed at

  https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html

Second, you have to get acquainted with the FreeType API and source
code.  This in turn might lead to more ideas in case our GSoC page
doesn't fit your interests.  Third, you have to prepare a proposal
based on the guidelines given by GSoC itself (use a search engine to
find all the details).  It is an essential part of GSoC to collect the
necessary information and to write the proposal *by yourself*.  There
is no shortcut to that.

If there are any questions related to FreeType, please ask!

    Werner