Re: Cloudflare email "protection"

From: Bermler
Subject: Re: Cloudflare email "protection"
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 10:19:11 +0000

On Fri, Oct 29, 2021 at 1:52 AM, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:

> While looking at the site for issues to fix, i noticed Cloudflare
> email "protection" is on, meaning it rewrites emails and basically
> removes them from a persons view if _javascript_ is disabled on a
> browser - not good. [...]

Ah, yes, I agree.

> Is there any way to disable that? There should be something here -
> https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200170016-What-is-Email-Address-Obfuscation-
>
> This is if Werner agrees of course.

Indeed, the site should be fully accessible (but not necessarily
pretty :-) without _javascript_.

BTW, what about blind users? Would they be able to access the site in
a meaningful way? Of course, FreeType is not a typical site to be
used in this context, but it would be nice if the output wouldn't be
gibberish only.

The images should have alt tags, but other than that, I don’t see anything preventing them from using the site. It’s clean, fast, works without JS and on any browser, etc.

Werner