Re: can't use meson for 'freetype-demos'

From: Charlie Jiang
Subject: Re: can't use meson for 'freetype-demos'
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 00:43:09 +0800

* I think it would be nice if a user could click onto a glyph to get
   more info: glyph name, character code, glyph index, glyph metrics
   (in font units, in pixels, in points), the dimensions of the
   displayed bitmap, etc.  Probably not a popup window but making the
   continuous view windows a bit smaller horizontally.
(Sorry for the incomplete paragraph) Uh-oh, I didn't quite get the point. You mean click onto a single glyph to get info about it? If so, this would involve mapping from clicked position to glyph index - exactly what I didn't consider when implementing "Continuous View", which is quite embarrassing. The first solution that came into my mind was, to keep a list for each glyph row, and the row index of the cursor can be simply calculated from the y advance. The glyph is then found using `x` coord and the list. What about moving this feature to the phase 2 (in August)?