Re: can't use meson for 'freetype-demos'

From: Charlie Jiang
Subject: Re: can't use meson for 'freetype-demos'
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 01:14:45 +0800

* It would be nice, however, to have an 'invert' option or radio
  button to invert the colours: black background, white pixels,
  etc.
Got it, but may be not trivial or clean to implement.  I will list
it as a further plan.
Interesting.  Why is that?  FreeType only produces 256 levels of
opacity; I thought it would be straightforward to map them inversely.
The point was, should I inverse all the colors on the canvas as well (grid, outline, points, point numbers)? If not so (only bitmap & grid), then it's much more trivial.
* Ctrl+Scroll and Shift+Scroll doesn't work – I assume this isn't
   implemented yet?
They're factually implemented (as shown in the GIF).  I will give it
a test once I prepared a desktop Ubuntu environment.  I would be
glad if you could place some breakpoints around
`src/ftinspect/rendering/glyphcontinuous.cpp:71` and have a look at
the value of `numSteps` and `event->modifiers()`, so I can firstly
have a idea about the bug.
Hmm.  I use a laptop with a pad, not a mouse with a wheel.  I set a
breakpoint as asked, but function `wheelEvent` is never hit.  Just to
be sure: Alt + Wheel (or rather its pad equivalent) for horizontal
scrolling works fine for me.
Well, if that's the case, I doubt that Qt won't call `wheelEvent` during touchpad scrolling - `touchEvent` maybe? Will look into that further with my trackpad.
I have no idea about this behaviour, but it's doable anyway. Will
put it onto the list with a lower priority.
I was a bit unclear: You first hit Alt+F5 to activate the 'move window
mode', then the abovementioned key combinations work.  If you are done
with positioning the window, you press enter to confirm the current
position or ESC to abort the positioning.

I see. There's no such feature on Windows AFAIK, but added it to the list since it's reasonable.

* What exactly does the 'Count:' field mean?  It isn't obvious.
   Perhaps a better name is needed.
It means the numbers of glyph being rendered onto the canvas, and
the name is adopt adopted from `ftview` tool. As of a better name, what
about "Viewport Glyph Count" or "Visible Count"?
Hmm.  Do we need this info at all?  I actually don't see a value in
it.  I suggest you remove it – or you convince me that it is
essential :-)

Glad to do that haha :D

The GitLab Issue is updated.

BTW, the mailing list is bouncing my E-Mail back to my INBOX. Could you please have a look at my subscription status?