Re: Accounting for SHELL in ./configure

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Accounting for SHELL in ./configure
Date: Thu, 2 May 2024 10:13:16 +0000 (UTC)

Besides what Werner said - name your system. Most of the world has converged on GNU bash, but Ubuntu/Debian uses dash, some older Solaris used ksh. Some really old unix system (tru64 came to mind) has genuine BSD sh. You wrote about lacking the privilege to be root, so I guess you are not using busybox.

And I think FreeType can be built on the bare compiler command line without any build system, something like

cc -o libfreetype.a -I./include -I... -I... */*/*.c

If you set the includes and the file list (some files are not used in some platforms) right.