freetype

RE: [URGENT] Confirmation of Fixes for CVE's in 2.12.1

From: Arenas, Aaron
Subject: RE: [URGENT] Confirmation of Fixes for CVE's in 2.12.1
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 04:48:04 +0000

Hello Werner,

Thank you for the insight about the "..." and tags.

I arrived at the conclusion because I was expecting a mention of CVE-2022-27404
and the change that fixed it. But it wasn't there. Looking at the docs/CHANGES,
there was a mention of a CVE-2018-25032, which made me think that mitigate
CVE's were ones that were mention. So if the CVE wasn't there, it hasn't been
mitigated yet. Since CVE-2022-27404 wasn't listed, I assumed the worst that the
fix hadn't been pulled into the release for a reason unknown to me. So I had to
asked to get clarification. With the insight you provided with the version
tagging, it provided clarity and disproved my assumption that fix wasn't in
version 2.12.1 when in reality it was.

Hope that helps and thanks again!

Regards,
Aaron