fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] A first time hello
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:46:49 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2008, Blaise Alleyne wrote:

campaigns could be a start. For example, they've just launched the End Software Patents campaign. I hear a ton about US Patent Law, and even the issue of software patents in the European Union, but I know next to nothing about the Canadian law in this respect.

I will be giving a talk at IT360.ca on Canadian software patents, partly to try to get the topic more on the radar. It has been hard to get people excited on the issue as people assume our laws are the same as the US (sometimes even the bureaucrats).

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"