fsfc-discuss

Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought

From: Russell McOrmond
Subject: Re: [fsfc-discuss] After some thought
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 19:49:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, David Henry wrote:

On Wed, 2008-26-03 at 19:15 -0400, Blaise Alleyne wrote:
... The recent talk of copyright reform legislation is
probably the hottest Canadian topic at the moment, imho,
considering some are calling it the Canadian DMCA....

I understand the Minister, Prentice, *did not* submit the legislation
thanks to widespread dissent.  But there are meetings of the committee
as I write this -- it is very much going to see the light of day again.

  It is a matter of when, not if.  And we need to be ready.

Check out http://digital-copyright.ca for ongoing analysis. As I'm the host, it often focuses on Free Software angles to Canadian legal issues.

Specifically read the notes about the study that Industry committee is looking for submissions for -- I include links to my draft submission.

 Please help us tell the Canadian Parliament to protect our property
 rights as owners of Information Technology. Sign the petition!
 http://www.digital-copyright.ca/petition/ict/

  manufacturers, can pry my camcorder, computer, home theatre, or
  portable media player from my cold dead hands!"